Chamba has a large number of temples and hosts two popular multiple day fairs – the “Suhi Mata Mela” and the “Minjar Mela”.
Chamunda Devi Temple
Chamunda Devi Temple is located on the spur of the Shah Madar range of hills, high above Chamba town.
It was built in 1762 by Raja Umed Singh and is the only wooden temple with a gabled roof in Chamba.
Lakshmi Narayan Temples Complex
This temples complex, devoted to the Vaishnavite sect, was built in the 10th century by Raja Sahil Verman.
All the temples have wooden chatries with a shikara, and a Garbagriha (sanctum sanctorum).