Kodaikanal, the Gift of the Forest
Kodaikanal, one of the more popular hill stations in Tamil Nadu, is located in the Dindigul district.
This is artificial lake was built in 1863 by Vera Levinge, a former District Collector of Madurai.
View of the lake from the hills
Rich boy’s house on the banks
This 1Km paved pedestrian path along the slopes on the southern side of Kodaikonal was constructed by Lt.Coaker in 1872.
View from Coaker’s Walk
St. Peter’s Church
To east of the lake lies the 20 acre Bryant Park. This botanical park was planned and built in 1908 by H.D.Bryant, a forest officer from Madurai.
La Sallete Church
This blue and white colored church, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, was built by Father Louis Saint-Cyr in 1866.
Sacred Heart Church
A walk around town on a foggy morning
View from Green Valley (previously known as Suicide Point)